1/13/2009

Accident Orange

I usually make it in before the sun rises, so it was a nice bright treat to see the sun before I got into work. What was really cool about it was this flare that rose above the sun. Where the sun was a bright yellow, the flare was “Accident Orange”…and rose what seemed like miles above the sun.
Also, there were 2 flares, equidistant from the sun that looked like a broken version of a rainbow. It only had 2 colors, orangish red and yellowish orange. It looked like it was formed from the billions of snow/steam/ice/rain particles that were floating very close to the ground. Close is a relative term, as I actually mean maybe at the highest point it was 200 feet high.
If I wasn’t already late for work, and filled with road rage, I probably would have taken a picture. If I had my camera with me, of course.
I’m including a drawing, which doesn’t even come close to what I saw:

No comments: