9/25/2008

Fallcon!

I'm going to my first comic book convention next weekend. I'm pretty excited for this.

My hopes:

-Spandex-clad women
-Awesome superhero costumes
-Hand-shaking and signatures from industry giants

My expectations:

-Spandex-clad men
-cardboard versions of my favorite heroes
-30-40 different versions of Iron Man costumes
-very smelly people (we can sense our own kind)
-industry midgets

I'm sure it will be a good time.

MCBA FALLCON COMIC BOOK CELEBRATION
October 4 & 5, 2008 - 10AM to 5PM Both Days!
Minnesota State Fairgrounds - In the Grandstand!
1265 Snelling Avenue - Saint Paul, MN 55108
20th ANNIVERSARY 1989-2008

Admission is just $11.00 per adult. Good for both days! Children 9 & under are FREE!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I would totally call you a nerd, but I spent part of my weekend reading comic books.

Also, the word verification for this post?

herpx

Did they discover a new strain?

A Fan said...

it's actually a member of the X-men. Herpx has the power to infect and disinfect people with the herpes virus.

I'm debating on whether his name is pronounced "Herp-Ex" or "Herpix".

Any suggestions?

Jess said...

It's "Herp-Ex," for sure. How could it not be?

A Fan said...

Of course. It makes sense. Unfortunate powerset, though, lemme tell ya.

Jess said...

I'm a dumb girl, so I'm not sure what "powerset" means, but I'm guessing it's his power to give people The Herp and also to cure it?

I would think that would be a pretty lucrative power to have. And quite useful for smiting those who piss you off. I'm pretty sure I would abuse the hell out of a power like that.

A Fan said...

powerset = set of powers

Spider-Man's powerset: proportionate strength of a spider, spider sense, ability to stick to walls, enhanced agility, accelerated healing, enhanced flexibility, witty banter.

Considering that there's a large chunk of the population that already have half of Herp-x's power, he's more effective as a healer than a giver.

Jess said...

I would say the "witty banter" part of Spider-Man's powerset is very, very subjective. But yay for me for intuitively knowing what it meant!

The world needs healers. That way, Herp-Ex can heal those who really didn't deserve The Herp and then give it to those who totally do.