1/03/2008

Tagging

Tagging is exhausting. Especially tagging after the fact. Del.icio.us bookmarks and Blogger posts.

Delicious at least makes an effort to know what you want to tag stuff with, and then makes it easy to implement that tag by simply clicking it. Whoops! Don't want that tag? Click it again, and it disappears from the entry box. Brilliant.

Blogger, however, makes an effort by showing "autocomplete tags" as you type, but for some reason, when I wanted the word "me" as a tag, since I already had "meat" as a tag, it wouldn't settle for anything less. Now, I realize that I am meat, but that's taking it a little too far. I had to add extra letters and commas and manipulate the cursor and backspace a little. Got it to work, but not without effort, and blogging should be effortless.

One last point. Blogger, get rid of the comma separation and just leave the separation to the spacebar. Having to type that comma in after every tag is tiresome, especially after tagging 20 posts. If I want to group words as a tag, I'll put them in quotes. Ugh!

No comments: