1/11/2008

My ass.

It hurts. I went snowboarding for the first time in 7/10 of a decade, and I had a blast.

We went from 10 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon. Buck Hill has a deal during the week where if you ski/snowboard between those times, your lift ticket is only $10. They should rename it, "Ten Buck Hill". I could buy so much candy for less than $10!


10:20 - 11:30
:
Bunny Hill. More like Benny Hill, really. All I needed were a bunch of snow bunnies chasing me in fast motion, whilst I fall down, that'd be it. There was much falling, much exhaustion, much pain. I did so much falling on my rear end, that there were butt prints every 10 feet. The tow rope was more exhausting going up that it was sliding on my ass down. Moving around on the board? HA! Impossible at that time. I don't know how those kids can do it. Hill-1, Me-0.

11:30 - 12:00:
Lunch. I was getting shaky. Had the worst hot dog I've had in a while. Drank some Vitamin Water. Felt better.

12:00 - 1:00:
Green Circle Hill. I started feeling comfortable with my abilities, so we decided to hit the slope where normal people ski. With the exception of a few wipeouts (I have a hard time avoiding people sometimes...so I had to take a few falls to not hit them) I did pretty well. It got to the point where I could land myself right near the ski lift with little to no major effort.

Definitely want to go again. Soon. Tomorrow if I could.


No comments: