12/31/2007

Flu? Bah.

There's gotta be a reason why "flu" is spelled with an "f" and a "u". Christ.

This time, it's been weird. Fluctuating temperatures, strange sleep patterns, crazy shivering...out of all the flu bugs I've had over the past 30 years, this one's been just odd.

I did vomit once, and even that wasn't bad. Not typical. Usually it's violent and in the middle I tyically make two offers. One to a god, and one to a devil. The one who makes it go away gets to do whatever they want with/to me. Nobody decides to step in and intervene, so I just suffer for a few days and get on with my life.

But this time it sucks. It's December 31st. And what's my chump ass doing for New Year's? Eating chicken broth and watching someone's ball drop. I might slam a beer, just for gits and shiggles.

On the bright side of things, I doubt I'll miss work at all. I hate missing work. I understand and completely comply with the fact that I'm probably contagious, and if they want to send me home, they can and should...but that doesn't mean I'm not going to show up. I'm not that asshole employee who goes home sick when his pubes scratch him the wrong way or when he gets an eyelash stuck between his eye and eyelid. No. I'm better than that!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Boo, flu. Boo! The things that happen when you make out with hookers. Who knew?

I was really sick on NYE about 10 years ago. I had a horrible case of strep and yet I still managed to make it out on the town. Obviously, I was a lot younger and dumber then. I'm forcing myself to go to a party tonight. I'd rather stay home.

Geoff said...

Staying home isn't all what it's cut out to be. I was bored most of the night. As a matter of fact, I'm still a little bored.

Might I suggest watching Kenny Vs. Spenny when boredom attacks.

Jess said...

I've seen Kenny vs. Spenny! Oddly enough, they were super bored in the one episode I saw.